Monday, May 9, 2011

Meeting the King

King Zig of Klavnork (grotch.qarnac): Greetings you lookin fur somethin?
Ambere Anatine turns
King Zig of Klavnork: you speak?
Ambere Anatine says "yeah, I was looking for a nice little something to put in my pouch"
King Zig of Klavnork: ah and what did you have in mind eh? i have something you can put in your pouch
Ambere Anatine looks at him and realizes this is the king "oh sorry Sire. I thought you were just a busy body"
King Zig of Klavnork: I am Zig and this is my keep and if i ask you what you are up to you had better answer and not that you are looking to rob me
Ambere Anatine says "I am Ambere. I am new around here. The ranger Terese has been showing me the ropes"
King Zig of Klavnork: well did she tell you about Klavnork? and the evil Orc/Dragon king that rules here eh??
Ambere Anatine: "hmmmm no nothing"
King Zig of Klavnork: so you are a ranger? because a ranger damn well ought to check out before they walk into a Keep eh?
Ambere Anatine looks at him, thinking evil? mmm nasty orc and a dragon mix "I'll be careful not to tick you off. The only way to know a place is to look around"
King Zig of Klavnork: see this table?? what do you think we do with this table eh? we use it for rangers who dont do to their homework
Ambere Anatine: "that table?" takes a closer look
King Zig of Klavnork: You are Torgan?
Ambere Anatine shudders and tries to hide it "looks like you have fun with your enemies"
King Zig of Klavnork: indeed. i asked you are you Torgan then? as you are with Terese
Ambere Anatine: "me, no, I'm an import. Not a native Torgan"
King Zig of Klavnork: ok ok come inside and have a drink. i will show you The Place
Ambere Anatine takes a breath, wondering if she can find a way to avoid it
King Zig of Klavnork: This is The Place. it is a place to relax, to drink, to smoke some Braksheesh, to watch the dancers, it is for Torgans
Ambere Anatine looks around "nice place you have here, warm and welcoming"
King Zig of Klavnork: yes well for our friends yes. for our enemies, no
Ambere Anatine looks at the sand pit "do you bury them in the pit?"
King Zig of Klavnork pours himself an glass of blood wine and offers one to the new arrival
Ambere Anatine reaches out and accepts the glass, twirls it, sniffs, wets her tongue
King Zig of Klavnork: "this is Bloodwine i import from my territitories in Namibdia. would you like to sample the Braksheesh?" raises an eyebrow playfully
Ambere Anatine thinks she better hadn't drink much if she wants to keep her wits about her "thank you, it has a good flavor"
King Zig of Klavnork: it is the best
King Zig of Klavnorkme downs the entire glass
Ambere Anatine shakes her head "no I would prefer to be excused from it, I do not smoke"
Ambere Anatine realizes she is standing and the king is sitting, hastily sits
King Zig of Klavnork: oh come have a try. it quite unique
Ambere Anatine nods and reaches out for a pipe and holds it to her lips, watches him carefully and pretends to follow his example "very fine"
King Zig of Klavnork inhales deeply enjoying the scent as it passes through his nose, then he waves some of the smoke over his head
King Zig of Klavnork: so, tell me about yourself, ur, what was your name again?
Ambere Anatine says "Ambere. I am from the Isle of Arran"
King Zig of Klavnork: ah yes yes Ambere. where is this isle? i have nought heard of it
Ambere Anatine: "off the coast of Scotland, a far off land"
King Zig of Klavnork: ah, while i've nive heard nor scotland neither
King Zig of Klavnork: ah are yee wood elf?
Ambere Anatine: "I'm just an elf. I found myself in a situation with the best out being to leave. So I gained passage on a ship. they set me off here. well at the bridge between Torgan and Sylvhara
King Zig of Klavnork: "ah and so chance brought you to Torgan and not to sylvhara" he laughs "a lucky twist of fate was that"
Ambere Anatine nods
King Zig of Klavnork drinks more wine feeling quite content now
Ambere Anatine: I hope it will be
King Zig of Klavnork: OF COURSE IT IS. this is Torgan!
Ambere Anatine relaxes some
King Zig of Klavnork: you should be honored to call yoruself Torgan. You are among the finest of the fine
Ambere Anatine smiles at his obvious enthusiasm finding it a good quality "inded, I am fortunate to be here then"
King Zig of Klavnork are yee a fighter? can you hold a sword
Ambere Anatine: I am an archer. I can hold a sword, I have a good one, but I am not proficient with it
King Zig of Klavnork: can you shoot straight?
Ambere Anatine: I can. I am not experienced in battle, I have much to learn
King Zig of Klavnork: well let me tell you a joke my father told me. what do you call an archer who cannot wield a sword?
Ambere Anatine shakes her head "I do not know"
King Zig of Klavnork grins across the table to her "DEAD! hahahaha"
Ambere Anatine: ooh! she nods "I am afraid that is true."
King Zig of Klavnork: point is this; bow is great for distance but what you gonna do if your enemy gets close to you, ask him to step back?
Ambere Anatine: no, run like hell and try to get far enough away to make my bow effective again
King Zig of Klavnork: i dont think so you come by klavnork you need to learn the sword and to switch between the two
Ambere Anatine: I seem to have no apptitude for a sword
King Zig of Klavnork: its training like anything. if you are one on one you will always loose
Ambere Anatine: I am willing, but pathetic at it
King Zig of Klavnork: ok i have a method that i guarantee will work. guarantee
King Zig of Klavnork smokes some more
Ambere Anatine: the man who tried to teach me swordsmanship, told me to stick to what I am comfortable with (bow)
King Zig of Klavnork: "he was an idiot probably a human. you fight 100 sword fights and at the end of the 100th fight you wil coem to Zig and you will say now i can fight wtih a sword" he grins
Ambere Anatine feels more comfortable and takes a puff and nods "hmmmm By the time I made it through a hundred I would surely be able to use a sword"
King Zig of Klavnork: indeed you would

~ ~ ~ ~
Ambere is a first time submitter here. We are glad to have our friends send us Role Play to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment