Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Masked Stranger

You never know who you will meet at a Masquerade Ball particularly if you are young and wishing for romance. This took place at last Friday's Vampire Masquerade Ball in the Torgan Empire.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirena Lauria sees a dark masked man alight in front of her and trembles as he snarls upon landing. She takes a step back.

The Masked Stranger: No need to step back lady. May I have this dance? Perhaps you will like my fangs?

Sirena Lauria looks at the stranger. Her eyes travel from the purple mask to the deep brown orbs nearly hidden beneath the fabric and is struck by their clear open honesty. She is at a masked ball and decides it might be fun to dance with him. She says a quick prayer to Belenus and accepts his proffered arm.

The Masked Stranger whispers to his alluring dance partner... I don't know your name. The bard's poem gave me an inspiration. Come with me outside and let me explore your neck with my fangs... just a little.”

Sirena draws her head back from his shoulder and says, "Who are you? Are you one of...Them?"

The Masked Stranger leans towards her and whispers "No, but I will get close to your pretty neck."

Sirena giggles and looks up at him with laughter in her eyes. She says, "I am called Sirena. And I have given you my name. Will you give me your name m'lord?"

The Masked Stranger leans into Sirena's neck and whispers, "My name is not important. Call me what you will." He wonders what his dance partner will think when he has to remove his mask and she sees who he really is.

Sirena says, " You are dark as the evening sky. I will call you Ciel."

The Masked Stranger: Then Ciel it is Sirena. I shall make a poem for you.

Sirena breathes with happiness, "You will make a poem for me?" This is the stuff of romance that she had always dreamed about.

Ciel leans over and whispers to Sirena...
Ciel is one part new
and one part old
A protector to one
A warrior in the fold
A dream in his heart
About one he may hold
But the Gods forbid it
Or so he is told

Sirena is charmed and says, "It is a riddle that I will have to solve! I love riddles!” She smiles disarmingly at him.

Sirena ponders the meaning of the riddle as she dances with Ciel. She whirls around the floor in his arms, her skirts flowing around them making them one. Their steps are similar and his movements match hers as if ordained. She feels her body warm as his arms hold her close and she begins to relax. She reaches up and touches Ciel's cheek gently with her gloved hand. "You are very light on your feet for such a tall man."

Ciel bows to Sirena and states, "I must leave. The darkness beckons. But your light shall go with me. Thank you for the dance Sirena"

Sirena says, "Dark skies Ciel, think well of me."

Ciel: And you of me!

Sirena stands on the floor in a puddle of sudden loneliness and wonders if she will ever meet the dark stranger again.

No comments:

Post a Comment