Friday, April 29, 2011

Sirena Waits For An Answer

Damian enters The Place once again, hoping to find Sirena who had promised him an answer to his request and finds three women dancing. “Greetings everyone.”

ιηα (ina.crannock): greetings

Sirena says politely "Greetings Damian"

Jeni Luik lowers her eyes in respect

Damian: I see that all of your beauty is for my eyes only tonight. This is my lucky night.

Sirena Lauria says "pfffft"

Damian: I am not familiar with your sayings. Is 'pffft' a local greeting?

ιηα (ina.crannock): laughs

Sirena screws up her face to make a sharp retort and then laughs instead. She continues to dance, tying to ignore the Sylvan Ranger.

Damian savors the newly lit pipe while enjoying the dancers

Sirena watches the ranger smoke the pipe and hopes his head becomes muddled quickly before he remembers that she promised him an answer tonight.

Damian stands and leaves the pipe before it gets too strong. He says "Sirena, you promised me an answer to my request tonight. I hope I am not too late for it "

Sirena Lauria grimaces "I have thought long and hard about your request. You are aware that I really don’t need a protector, except perhaps when I am in Sylvan lands."

Damian smiles in response "Thinking is good and I am listening"

Sirena says slowly "I will accept your offer with reservations"

ιηα (ina.crannock) listens to the conversation.

Damian asks "and those reservations are?"

Sirena says "You must explain to your commander why you will be in Torgan lands so often. That is the first reservation. I will not be responsible for your loss of employment.”

Damian notes "fair enough"

Sirena continues “Second, the arrangement will be for a year and a day, no longer.”

Damian smiles "done"

Sirena smiles as she says "And last, you must learn to dance."

Damian hesitates... “to dance? to dance where? when?”

ιηα (ina.crannock): laughs. I want to see the ranger dance!

Damian: I am training to be a fighter

Sirena says "The dance is the most important thing in my life and you must learn to dance. I do not mean on the sand, as I do, but as others do."

Damian asks "Dance with others in here then?"

Sirena says "Of course! You do not expect ME to dance with you, do you?"

Damian looks disappointed

Sirena Lauria stops her dance and approaches Damian. She puts her hands on her hips. "Those are my terms."

Damian says "Let me summarize: 1. tell my commander, 2. one year and a day, 3. learn to dance.”

Sirena says "Perfect."

Damian asks "Is that it?

Sirena nods "If those are unacceptable I will understand"

Damian explains "I will speak with my commander. If he finds my quest acceptable I will agree."

Sirena Lauria says "pfffft"

Damian: another strange welcome?

Sirena Lauria laughs again. “Now I am waiting for your answer"

ιηα (ina.crannock) whispers .. Men are such strange beasts

Damian states "I will let you know as soon as I have a had a chance to speak with him"

Sirena Lauria inclines her head gracefully and walks to a bench to sit, dismissing him "Good evening Damian"

Damian: "I do not think it will be a problem with him. I must away for the evening. Good evening ladies. Enjoy your dancing."

Jeni says to Damian "May you be well"

ιηα (ina.crannock) waves as he passes

Damian: "Be well. I look forward to learning to dance with all of you."

ιηα (ina.crannock): laughs

Jeni says to Damian "You will find your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment