Friday, April 29, 2011

Damian Waits For An Answer

Queens Ranger Damian enters The Place at Taure Ru, tired from his exploring, and notices the lovely Sirena dancing with others.

Sirena Lauria notices the sylvan ranger and sighs. Having been reminded that she is to be polite to all, she forces a smile and says "Good evening Damian"

Damian: Good evening Sirena. Good evening everyone.

GrandMother Wolf nods to Damian

Damian nods to Grandmother Wolf. “Good evening. Thank you for the lesson today.”

GrandMother Wolf: "You are welcome son, it is what I do"

Damian says 'Such a pity so many beautiful women are dancing here with such a small audience."

Sirena says sharply "Then you should feel honored."

Damian: It is a welcome relief to be able to rest in such nice surroundings after a day of exploring

Sirena tries to ignore the ranger politely.

GrandMother: "aye, it is a pleasant respite"

Damian asks Sirena "Have you considered my offer to be your protector?

Sirena looks at him "I do not need your protection and I have told you so."

Damian feels confused "But you asked for protection"

Sirena says "You are mad Ranger. I need no protection. The Place needs a peace keeper, but not one such as you"

Damian replies "Have it your way then. My offer will not last forever."

Sirena smiles, glad that they are in agreement at last and tries to lose herself in the dance.

Damian notes "You may not want me for a peacekeeper for this place but I am sworn to protect you none the less for saving my life so you have some personal protection whether you want it or not"

Sirena sighs, "Will you never be done with that? I was merely doing what my God and my training have bid me. If I had known the consequences of my actions I should have left you for dead."

Damian stands and leans against the wall. The smoke from the pipe has affected him. "Some day you will be thankful that you did m'lady"

Sirena stops dancing, turns to him and says "If I take you as my protector, what benefit for you?"

Damian: "What benefit for me you ask? The satisfaction of paying a debt, and to an enchanting woman.”

Sirena nods "That perhaps would be a way for the debt to be discharged." She says to herself "Perhaps he will then leave me alone"

Damian: “In the land where I come from, women like you are princesses and queens.”

Sirena says "Flattery indeed, I can see that you have been trained in diplomacy, with a silver tongue." She sighs "I will consider your offer. Come back tomorrow night and I will have an answer for you."

Damian replies "Thank you m'lady. You won't regret it should you decide in my favor. I will return tomorrow night as you ask."

Sirena inclines her head and returns to the dance circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment